The PL Series Regulators control the charging of batteries from solar electric panels.
They protect the batteries against damage due to over charge or over discharge. They can operate as series switching, PWM or shunt regulators. All the necessary metering and data logging is provided. This allows proper system monitoring. In addition, the versatile load switch and timer allow them to function as a controller for many related applications such as lighting, watering and pumping.
* 20, 40, or 60A charge current available
* 20A, 5A, and 30A load current respectively
* 12V, 24V, 32V, 36V or 48V system voltage selectable
* Short circuit and reverse flow protected without fuses - no blocking diode required reverse battery polarity protected
* Lightning protection
* Low current drain (<9mA)
* Custom Alphanumeric LCD display
* Battery state of charge estimator
* Accurate crystal timebase for timer functions
* External temperature sensor can be attached
* Selection of 4 temperature compensation profiles
* Full rated current at 55oC ambient - outback friendly
* Large, all brass terminals with plastic separators accept 16 square mm cable.
* Tropic proofed
* Multipurpose output for generator start, alarm or other controls
* Analog sense input for wire loss correction, 2nd battery regulation or linear sensing
* Versatile timer - can be used like a domestic electrical time switch.
* Special timer modes for sign lighting, security lights, pump control, watering, hydroponics, frost protection, solar hot water control, waste energy utilisation and many other applications.
* Low battery voltage load disconnect function
* System performance data kept for last 32 days and data is not lost if the power is disconnected.
* Selectable regulation methods - series switch, PWM or shunt. (ext. shunt required)
* Can communicate with a computer or modem via an optional serial interface adaptor.
* Can have external load, or charge current shunt(s) for inverter/wind-generator metering etc.