Aqua-Base ESW Watermaker

Similar to the ESB system, the ESW system has a production rate of 35 to 105 litres per hour and incorporates an automatic salinity diversion.

The Aqua-Base ESW desalination systems use an advanced energy recovery design to extract fresh water from sea water. With a production rate starting at 35 litres per hour, the base 12 volt unit draws only 12 amps.

Automatic Operation
The ESW models feature automatic salinity control for greater ease of use. Automatic flushing kits and remote control panels can be added to the ESW systems to further enhance operational simplicity.

Supplied Installation Kit
All units are supplied with a comprehensive installation kit that supplies everything except vessel through-hull fittings. See installation manual for details.

Download Installation Manual

Image Name Price
Aqua-Base ESB/ESW Maintenance Set Aqua-Base ESB/ESW Maintenance Set
SKU
SLC.752054

$249.00

Aqua-Base Remote Control Panel Option Aqua-Base Remote Control Panel Option
SKU
SLC.821237

$533.00

Aqua-Base 35 lph Automatic Flushing Kit Option Aqua-Base 35 lph Automatic Flushing Kit Option
SKU
SLC.110121-82

$1,408.00

Aqua-Base 65/105 lph  Automatic Flushing Kit Option Aqua-Base 65/105 lph Automatic Flushing Kit Option
SKU
SLC.111123-82

$1,408.00

Aqua-Base Eco 35 lph 12 Volt Watermaker - Auto Salinity Aqua-Base Eco 35 lph 12 Volt Watermaker - Auto Salinity
SKU
SLC.ESW301
12A35 LPHAuto12V

$12,634.00

Aqua-Base Eco 35 lph 24 Volt Watermaker - Auto Salinity Aqua-Base Eco 35 lph 24 Volt Watermaker - Auto Salinity
SKU
SLC.ESW302
6A35 LPHAuto24V

$12,634.00

Aqua-Base Eco 65 lph 12 Volt Watermaker - Auto Salinity Aqua-Base Eco 65 lph 12 Volt Watermaker - Auto Salinity
SKU
SLC.ESW601
25A65 LPHAuto12V

$14,597.00

Aqua-Base Eco 65 lph 24 Volt Watermaker - Auto Salinity Aqua-Base Eco 65 lph 24 Volt Watermaker - Auto Salinity
SKU
SLC.ESW602
12.5A65 LPHAuto24V

$14,597.00

Aqua-Base Eco 105 lph 12 Volt Watermaker - Auto Salinity Aqua-Base Eco 105 lph 12 Volt Watermaker - Auto Salinity
SKU
SLC.ESW901
34A105 LPHAuto12V

$16,350.00

Aqua-Base Eco 105 lph 24 Volt Watermaker - Auto Salinity Aqua-Base Eco 105 lph 24 Volt Watermaker - Auto Salinity
SKU
SLC.ESW902
17A105 LPHAuto24V

$16,350.00

ESW Installation

The Aqua-Base ESW system builds on the simplicity of the ESB model by adding automatic salinity control. It also has the option of fitting an autoflush module. A local control box can be extended by fitting an optional remote control panel.

Seawater Input
An inlet valve supplies seawater to the system through an inline mesh filter which removes larger foreign particles. A Procom pump pressurises the sea water to approximately 6 BAR and then feeds it to the fresh water reverse ozmosis (RO) unit through a 5 micron particle filter.

Fresh Water Production
Fresh water is produced by passing water through a RO membrane at high pressure. A special energy recovery pump amplifies the 6 BAR pressure from the Procom pump to approximately 60 BAR pressure required by the RO membrane. The actual pressure generated depends on water temperature and salinity - there is nothing to adjust as the system is fully automatic.

About 10% of incoming seawater is made into fresh water that is diverted to the vessel fresh water tank. The remaining 90% is directed overboard. The automatic salinity control will direct the production water to the tank once the water quality is at the required standard.

Electrical Connections
The unit requires 12 volt or 24 volt DC for operation. Power is typically provided by a circuit breaker located at the main vessel switchboard.

Maintenance
If the unit is run on a daily basis there is no need for any day to day maintenance. It is good practice however to flush the system with fresh water after each use. In this case the system can go up to a couple of weeks without further care. An optional Autoflush Module has a charcoal filter and solenoid valve to simplify the fresh water flushing operation.

For longer times without use, the system is first flushed with fresh water and then followed up with a recirculation of a biocide chemical that will inhibit the growth of organic matter.