Midnite Solar Classic MPPT Controllers
MidNite Solar Classic MPPT controllers with removable LCD, HyperVOC, internet connectivity and android apps offer the latest charge controller technology.
Output current up to 96A with panel Voc voltages in excess of 250 volts provide the greatest flexibility in panel string arrangement.
|Image||Part No||Name||Battery Amps||Battery Volts||Type||Voc||Price
|MNS.CLASSIC150-RCM||Midnite Solar Classic 150 RCM MPPT Solar Charge Controller
|MNS.CLASSIC200||Midnite Solar Classic 200 MPPT Solar Charge Controller
|MNS.CLASSIC250||Midnite Solar Classic 250 MPPT Solar Charge Controller
More Flexibility and Features
The Classic 150 charge controller from MidNite Solar offers significantly more flexibility, features and range than other MPPT charge controllers. Designed to regulate DC input from a wide variety of sources including solar PV, micro hydro and wind turbines, the Classic 150 is the only MPPT controller that has Arc Fault Detection, making it the safest controller available. The Classic 150 works with 12, 24, 36, 48, 60 and 72 volt battery banks, and can be installed stand-alone or as a multi-unit networked installation.
Past MPPT controllers have been limited to a maximum of 150 VDC. Midnite’s Classic offers 150, 200 or 250 VDC, accommodating larger string sizes and higher voltage panels. Built-in string sizing and battery bank capacity sizing are available to streamline your design process. A help mode and set up wizard help you through the learning curve.
- 12V to 72V Nominal Battery Charging
- Built-in Ground Fault and Arc Fault Protection
- Internet Ready Via Ethernet
- Additional Communication Via RS232 and USB
- Display can be removed and mounted up to 300 metres away
- Remote and local displays possible
- 20 Megabytes of Data Logging Storage
- Remote Monitoring Via Internet
- Supports up to 2 displays
- Comes With a Battery Temperature Sensor
- 5 Year Manufacturer's Warranty
- Made In The USA!
A built-in safety measure, the arc fault detector, guards your system from threat of fire. Two auxiliary outputs allow you to divert excess power to other applications such as battery box vents or generator starting.
Midnite Solar’s Classic Charge controller works with wind, solar and hydropower systems. Wind or hydropower systems actually yield up to 50 to 250 percent more power with the “Classic”.
Another significant advance with the Classic is the ability to access your power system remotely via the internet. If you’re out of town, you can call in to the system to troubleshoot problems, and get it back in working order. If you have plenty of excess power, you can even turn on the snow-melting feature while you’re away. Remote control of Midnite power systems will be invaluable for installers, dealers and homeowners alike.
MidNite Solar has taken the guesswork out of setting up your system by implementing a set up wizard with voice prompts. The wizard can help walk you through battery hook up, PV array sizing and hook up, wind turbine program selection, wire sizing, breaker selection, PV combiner selection, sunrise and sunset program set up and voltage drop calculations.
- HyperVOC mode (add the battery voltage to the operating voltage for VOC rating)
- Solar, Wind and Hydro MPPT modes
- Get 50-250% more power from hydro and wind turbines
- Learning mode for Solar, Wind and Hydro
- User programmable for most all battery charging wind turbines (may require the Clipper)
- Built in string sizing and battery sizing programs
- Built in voltage drop calculator for PV wiring in AWG and Metric
- Knows when sun up and sundown are to take place anywhere in the world
- Secure data monitoring and logging
- Snow melting mode automatic or manual local or over the internet
- Arc fault detector reduces threat of fire (not included on lower cost Classic-Lite)
- Built in DC-GFP without the hassle of fuses
- Graphics display panel - (not included on lower cost Classic-Lite)
- USB port for uploading firmware updates and data logging to a PC or Mac
- Graphics display turns into an oscilloscope
- Battery voltage supported up to 72 for the Classic150, 200 and 250.
- Two aux outputs: 1 dry contact relay and one 12v output/ input
- 32 megabytes of onboard storage
- Snap on covers and hole plugs allow sealed or vented operation
|Model||Classic 150||Classic 200||Classic 250|
|Operating Volts In||150VDC||200VDC||250VDC|
|*Max Hyper VOC||150+ battery||200+ battery||250+ battery|
|Nominal Battery Volts||12-72||12-72||12-72|
|Absolute Current Output at 25° C||
94a @ 24v battery
83a @ 48v battery
74a @ 12v battery
70a @ 24v battery
65a @ 48v battery
60a @ 12v battery
62a @ 24v battery
55a @ 48v battery
|De-Rate Current @ 40° C||80 amperes||60 amperes||52 amperes|
|Environment||-40° C to 40° C|
|Classic Dimensions||378 mm x 151 mm x 102 mm|
|Boxed Dimensions||378 mm x 151 mm x 102 mm|
|Shipping Weight||4.9 kg|
NOTE: Current output ratings were measured with 75% of the PV array’s VOC (Open Circuit Voltage)