Frigoboat F series evaporator plates for fridge and freezer applications. They are ideal for top and front opening boxes and are bendable to box dimensions.
- Painted copper connecting pipes with high efficiency heat exchanger
- Pre-charged refrigerating circuit with Frigoboat rapid coupling unions for a fast and easy installation
- Expansion with individually tested capilliary tube
- Food-compliant and corrosion-resistant epoxy paint
- Horizontal installation only
- Bendable to a minimum radius of 25mm
Practical Guide - Evaporator plates
|Model||Dimensions (mm)||Max. Fridge (L)||Max. Freezer (L)|
The evaporator plate takes liquid refrigerant from the condenser. Through an evaporation process, the liquid expands to a gas and absorbs heat energy from the plate. The ability of the evaporator plate to absorb energy from the enclosure depends on plate temperature and surface area. A plate of higher surface area is more efficient because the resulting plate temperature required to meet the target box temperature allows the system to work with a better coefficient of performance.
An ideal evaporator plate size will allow the plate temperature to be just below 0°C so that the condensate on the plate remains frozen, unless of course dripping condensate off the plate is not a problem. If the plate is spaced away from the wall of the enclosure, effective surface area can be doubled. Another way of increasing performance is to pass flowing air across the plate. We call this a fan forced evaporator. Note that this type of evaporator is not suitable for freezer applications.
"Rollbond" evaporator plates can be bent to the required shape required by the box..