Dairyland (DEI) 30A Fail-Safe Plus Galvanic Isolator
The 30A Galvanic Isolator is appropriately rated for 35A single and 16A dual shore power services and has been fully tested to meet the July 2008 publication of ABYC A-28.
SAVE $120.00 (9%)
Ships today from our Southport warehouse if order placed by 1pm
Dairyland (Formarly DEI) Galvanic Isolators (GI) are fail-safe, solid-state DC isolation/AC coupling devices with ratings and characteristics that significantly exceed those of all known galvanic isolators designed for marine applications. The proven fail-safe construction assures that the galvanic isolator never compromises the integrity of the grounding conductor, even in the unlikely case of the product failing.
The 30A Galvanic Isolator is appropriately rated for all 15A through 35A shore power services and has been fully tested to meet the July 2008 publication of ABYC A28, the standard governing galvanic isolators in the US marine industry. The DEI 30A Galvanic Isolator comes in both Fail-Safe Plus® and Fail-Safe MAX® versions, giving the customer increased options for safety. For international use, the 30A device has been rated to 35A to cover applications using 32A shore power connections.
Features and Characteristics
- Rated for 30A through 35A use
- Fail-safe construction featuring Fail-Safe Plus™ and Fail-Safe Max™ technology
- Certified to ABYC A-28 July 2008 publication
- Australian approved to AS/NZS3004.2:2008
- CE Marine - Marine ISO 8846
- No monitoring system required
- Highest AC fault current ratings available
- Ignition protected
- Maintenance-free solid-state design
- Rated for high levels of lightning current
- Very low DC leakage current allowed
Note: When fitted, a galvanic isolator should be connected into the shore supply protective earthing conductor before it connects to the boat’s earth system. It should be installed in an accessible location as close as practical to the shore power inlet.