MOONRAKER Aluminium Earth Plate
This unit is manufactured from low-corrosion aluminium for boats fitted with aluminium outboard legs or under conditions where bronze fittings should not be used, to prevent galvanic corrosion of dissimilar metals
Only 2 left In Stock
Ships today from our Southport warehouse if order placed by 1pm
A compact radio or electrical earth plate made of Aluminium designed to provide an efficient low resistance earth connection in wooden or fibreglass vessels for the professional and non-professional user.
The Moonraker E Plate has an effective surface area of approximately1265 sq cm, complies with AS/NZS3004.2 and is not appreciably affected by marine growth fouling.
This unit is manufactured from low-corrosion aluminium for boats fitted with aluminium outboard legs or under conditions where bronze fittings should not be used, to prevent galvanic corrosion of dissimilar metals. Copper strip should not be used with aluminium E Plates, use marine grade aluminium strip instead.
Two threaded studs are integrally connected with the E Plate for mounting. No pre-assembly is necessary and there are no bolted joints to corrode and cause problems.
1. The E Plate requires no maintenance other than regular inspection. Moderate marine growth does not appreciably affect operation. Any growth should be cleaned off when the vessel is slipped
2. Aluminium plates require more frequent inspection than copper plates to guard against possible plate and bolt corrosion due to the possible presence of copper lead or mercury, etc., in paints, timber, etc. E Plates should not be treated with anti - fouling paints. Copper based anti -fouling paints should be kept clear of aluminium E Plates.
The performance of any HF radio circuit is limited by the efficiency of the antenna/earth system used. Moonraker products are designed to give the high standard of efficiency demanded by the professional user.
- Area: Effective surface area of approximately 1265 sq cm - use 2 units to meet 2500 sq cm standard
- Length: 240 mm
- Width: 130 mm
- Thickness: 20 mm
- Impedance: Less than 1Ω (measured) at 5 MHz in sea water; also suitable for use in fresh water
- Mountings: Aluminium Type 2 x 3/8” BSW x 75mm studs Weight 900g | Packed Weight 1 kg
|Unit Of Measure||ea|